]WELCOME[

click on the labels on the right to look at one genre of work: illustration, painting, logo, etc. if you want to see all work on one site, click on the photos archive to browse there.
please feel free to leave comments.

PEACE!

May 05, 2009

]WIZARD SLEEVE SKATE[



Lately I've been getting an influx of blank skateboards. In the past I might have been inclined to say "screw you sucker," put some trucks and wheels on them and have at it in the streets. But unfortunately I realized not long ago that I am god awful at skateboarding and that being in my late 20's, my skills will most likely not be improving anytime soon

So, as an alternative, I've started painting them.

These two were done for a client of mine out in Miami, an online designer toy retailer called Wizard Sleeve. On their site you can check out their wizard mascot, logo, and character pattern...all of which I designed. They use the pattern for t-shirt designs and prints, all available at their website.

Materials: stencils, gesso, spray paint on its last legs, and a dry brush for texture.


Wizard Sleeve is gaining some steam and throwing gallery events in Miami, L.A. and Brooklyn. So, hopefully much will come of these characters in the future, and I may finally make a mark on this crazy designer toy world that I found myself surrounded by since I moved to NYC. As a wise old man once said, "if you hang outside of a barber shop long enough, you're gonna get a haircut"


]BLOKT[

No comments: